|Green Herbed Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower|
Triple Herb Mashed Cauliflower and Potatoes
Upgrade boring mashed potatoes with layers of fresh herb flavors with our Triple Herb Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower recipe. Creamy, buttery, and lower carb than traditional mashed potatoes, combining cauliflower and potatoes with fresh parsley, chives, tarragon, and garlic will make this your new favorite side dish all year round.
- 2 lbs Yellow Potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1" chunks
- 10.5 ounce bag Riced Cauliflower
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 3/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Tarragon Leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup 2% or Whole Milk
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Fine Black Pepper, to taste
- Add potatoes and 1 tsp salt to a large saucepan, cover with water.
- Boil over high heat then reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen riced cauliflower, continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower and potatoes are tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Add butter. Mash cauliflower and potatoes until smooth. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add garlic, parsley, chives, tarragon, sour cream, and milk. Puree on medium-high until very smooth, about a minute.
- Stir herb puree into the mashed cauliflower and potatoes mixture. Add more milk if potatoes need it.
- Add butter, salt and pepper, to taste.
This recipe is delicious as a side to any entree. Try it with topped with our Chicken Thighs with Creamy Bacon Mushroom Sauce recipe.