|Chicken Thighs with Creamy Bacon Mushroom Sauce|
Chicken Thighs with Creamy Bacon Mushroom Sauce
This one-skillet Chicken Thighs with Creamy Bacon Mushroom Sauce recipe is smothered in flavor. Enjoy tender, crispy chicken thighs with a rich creamy sauce with bacon, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and fresh thyme. This earthy, hearty meal is delicious served over mashed potatoes or pasta.
This recipe is naturally gluten-free, low carb, and fits into Keto, Whole30, and Paleo diets.
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, about 12 thighs
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp Acme Italian Seasoning
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 8-14 oz White Mushrooms and/or Brown Portabella Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 5 sprigs Fresh Thyme, snipped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Season both sides of chicken thighs with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Heat vegetable oil on medium-high heat in oven-proof skillet.
- Pan sear each side of the chicken for 1-2 minutes until nicely brown and place skillet in oven. (Alternatively, if you don't have an oven-proof skillet, transfer chicken thighs to a foil-lined baking sheet.)
- Transfer to plate.
- In the same skillet, fry garlic and onions in reserved chicken juices for about 1 minute.
- Add chopped bacon and fry until begins to crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook until soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, pepper, chicken broth, Parmesan cheese, and fresh thyme. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and simmer for 5 minutes until sauce begins to reduce. If you prefer a thicker sauce, add corn starch.
This recipe can also be prepared with bone-in chicken thighs or chicken breasts. Serve over our Green Herbed Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower recipe for a layered flavor experience.