Super Nacho Bowl
published Monday, October 5, 2020
1. Preheat oven to 375*F. Remove all but the lower rack in the oven.
2. In a small bowl, mix together all of the seasonings. Set aside.
3. Optional Step: Place onion and bell peppers into a medium-sized saute pan. Saute over medium-high heat until soft and onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. This will help remove some of the moisture.
4. Spray the entire inside of a very large, oven-safe bowl with non-stick spray. (We used a 13" stainless steel bowl). Make sure the bowl will fit comfortably in the oven before spraying. Use 1/4 tsp. of the seasoning mix to coat the inside of the bowl.
5. Cover the bottom of the bowl with a layer of tortilla chips. Begin building your layers by topping the chips with 1/4 of the following: diced tomatoes, cheeses, beans, olives, onion, and peppers. Finish with a sprinkle of 1/4 tsp. of the seasoning mix.
6. Top with another layer of chips and repeat until the bowl is filled, about 3 more times. Make sure the very top layer is only chips.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Remove from oven carefully and cover with a large baking sheet or pizza pan. Invert to flip nachos out of the bowl.
8. Garnish with shredded lettuce, diced avocado, and fresh chopped cilantro. You can also add cooked meat to your layers, such as ground beef or shredded chicken!