|Sanderson Farms Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches Recipe|
Sanderson Farms Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches
Enjoy this French flair favorite combination of crispy chicken with Swiss cheese and black forest ham with this delicious hot recipe. Serve with french fries and a green salad.
- 2 Acme Fresh Market / Sanderson Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced in half horizontally to create 4 fillets, then cut each fillet at an angle to create 2 fillets for a total of 8 fillets
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp Seasoning Salt, divided
- ¾ tsp Black Pepper, divided
- ½ cup of All-purpose Flour
- 30 Saltine Crackers, crushed
- 3 TBSP Potato Flakes
- 6 cups Vegetable Oil
- 4 (5-inch) Acme Fresh Market Sub Roll
- 3 Tbsp Honey Mustard
- 8 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 4 slices of Black Forest Ham
- In a large bowl mix eggs, 1 teaspoon seasoning salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, crackers, potato flakes, 2 teaspoons seasoning salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
- Place oil in a large Dutch oven and heat to 325°F.
- Place chicken fillets between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten the thick end of the fillets to ½-inch thickness.
- Dip chicken in the egg mixture and coat with the seasoned flour mixture. Shake off any excess and transfer to a plate.
- Fry chicken in two batches for 3 minutes on each side. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Set aside.
- Heat oven to broil.
- Place opened buns on a baking sheet. Spread mustard on both sides and top each side with a slice of cheese. Place ham on the bottom bun and broil for 1 minute or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and place chicken on top of ham and top with bun.
- Serve immediately.