|Italian Sausage & Zucchini Noodle Skillet|
Italian Sausage & Zucchini Noodle Skillet
This quick and easy Italian Sausage & Zucchini Noodle Skillet is a light and refreshing Italian recipe. Keep it mild or try it with hot Italian sausage.
- 3 links JOHNSONVILLE® Mild or Hot Italian Sausage
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Sweet Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 pint Grape Tomatoes
- 4 large Zucchinis, sliced into noodles or 2 packs of Zucchini Veggie Spirals
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Grill Italian sausages. Cool slightly; slice into 1/2-inch slices and set aside.
- While sausage is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add thyme, basil and tomatoes, and cook for 10 more minutes until tomatoes begin to blister.
- Add sausage and zucchini noodles to skillet, and toss to combine with tomato mixture. Sauté for 1 to 3 minutes until zucchini noodles are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with shredded Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper.
Use Zucchini Veggie Spirals as a quick shortcut for this recipe or you can use a spiralizer, julienne peeler or mandolin to make zucchini noodles from fresh zucchini.