|Cowboy Ribeye & Smashed Potatoes|
Cowboy Ribeye & Smashed Potatoes
Giddy up for our Cowboy Ribeye Steak & Smashed Potatoes! This recipe is prepared with Texas Style BBQ Rubbed Certified Angus Beef Bone-in Ribeye Delmonico Steak, the most tender and juicy beef cuts that is perfect for grilling. The steak is taken over the top by adding a delicious and easy to prepare cowboy compound butter. Smashed potatoes make the perfect grilling side - soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, smothered in melted cowboy butter.Cowboy Ribeye Recipe:
- 4 Angus Certified Beef Bone-in Ribeye Delmonico Steak
- 4 tsp Acme Fresh Market Texas Style BBQ Rub
- 1 tsp Acme Fresh Market Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Acme Fresh Market Black Pepper Whole Peppercorn or Black Pepper Fine Grind
- 2 tsp Acme Fresh Market Granulated Garlic
- Combine Texas Style BBQ Rub, salt, pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring steaks to room temperature for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel.
- Season both sides of steak with Texas Style BBQ Rub mixture.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill with one side over direct high heat and the other side over indirect heat.
- Place steak on grill over direct heat and sear 2 minutes or until charred on each side
- Place steaks on indirect heat for an additional 8-10 minutes or until desired doneness. 130° internal temperature for medium-rare, 145-155°F for medium doneness.
- Loosely cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
Smashed Potatoes Recipe:
- Potatoes – 2 lb baby
- 1 + ½ tsp Acme Fresh Market Kosher Salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp Acme Fresh Market Black Pepper Whole Peppercorn or Black Pepper Fine Grind
- 1/2 tsp Acme Fresh Market Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Cowboy butter, melted
- Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Green Onion (optional)
- Cheddar (optional)
- Scrub potatoes and place in a medium saucepan. Add cold water to completely cover potatoes.
- Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon kosher salt, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook potatoes until a pairing knife can be slide into center of potato with no resistance, about 10 minutes.
- Strain potatoes and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Alternatively, steam or microwave them.
- Spread potatoes out on a rimmed baking pan. Gently smash each potato with a glass measuring cup until potatoes split open but don’t break apart.
- Brush with olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper, onion powder
- Flip potatoes, oil and season the other side.
- While steak is resting grill Smashed Potatoes over direct heat for 5 minutes or until lightly charred and crispy, turning once halfway through.
- Melt 4 Tbsp Cowboy Butter, drizzle over grilled smashed potatoes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, sour cream, green onions, and cheddar cheese, as desired.
Cowboy Butter Recipe:
- 2 sticks Salted Butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Acme Fresh Market Kosher Salt
- 1/2tsp Acme Fresh Market Black Pepper Whole Peppercorn or Black Pepper Fine Grind
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Acme Fresh Market Granulated Garlic
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp Prepared Horseradish
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Place the softened butter in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Whip the butter until it's fluffy.
- Add the parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, garlic, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, and horseradish.
- Mix it until it's totally combined, scraping the sides as needed.
- Once mixed, Place on a sheet of plastic wrap and wrap up in a log. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes or into the freezer if you need to speed along the process.
- To serve, top each steak with 2 tablespoons cowboy butter.
Cowboy Bone-in Ribeye Oven Instructions:
To make the steaks in the oven, preheat oven to 475°F. Preheat cast iron skillet over high heat. Place steak in pan and sear 3 minutes on each side; place pan in oven and cook 4-6 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 145-155°F for medium doneness.
Melt the butter in a heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. When it's melted and golden brown, sear the steaks for about 45 seconds per side. Set in the oven to finish, about 3 minutes.
Cowboy Butter can be used to add flavor to beef, fish, chicken, vegetables, pasta, and rice.