|Cajun Lime Sirloin with Avocado Corn Salsa|
Cajun Lime Sirloin Steak with Avocado Corn Salsa
Prepare for an explosion of flavor with our Cajun Lime Sirloin Steak with Avocado Corn Salsa. Enjoy a hearty bottom sirloin steak marinated in Cajun seasoning combined with fresh lime juice, the sweetness of honey and then grilled to your liking. Our Avocado Corn Salsa is bursting with fresh summer produce and explodes with bright, fresh flavors and textures of creamy avocados, charred sweet corn, juicy tomatoes, spicy jalapenos, fresh cilantro, and ground cumin to pull the flavors together. Top your next sirloin steak with this salsa and it will soon be your favorite summer grilling recipe.
Steak Marinade Ingredients:
- 4 Bottom Sirloin Steaks
- 1 Tbsp. Gourmet Cajun Spice
- 3 Limes, juiced
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- 4 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
Avocado Corn Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, plus more for grill
- 4 ears of Corn, shucked
- 3 medium Avocados, pitted and diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Red Sweet Pepper, finely diced
- ⅓ cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add steak and cover with marinade.
- Cover and and marinate the steak in the refrigerator for at least 2-24 hours.
- Preheat grill with direct heat to one side.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Place your steak on the grill and discard the marinade.
- Sear the steak over direct high heat on both sides; transfer to indirect heat to finish cooking to your preference.
- 130° internal temperature for medium-rare, 145-155°F for medium.
Avocado Corn Salsa Instructions:
- Brush corn with 1 tablespoon of oil. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes until charred. Turn occasionally.
- Once corn is cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cob and place in bowl.
- Add avocado, red onion, jalapeno, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, red pepper, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper to bowl. Mix until combined.
- Top Cajun Lime Sirloin with Avocado Corn Salsa and enjoy.