These Applesauce Muffins are moist, delicious, and easy to make. They are bursting with apple cinnamon flavor and sweetened with applesauce. Enjoy for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
- 1 cup Food Club Oats
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Food Club Applesauce
- 1/3 cup Food Club Sugar
- 1 tsp Food Club Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 4 Tbsp Food Club Coconut Oil, Melted
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Food Club Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Food Club Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Food Club Salt
- 1/2 cup Food Club Chopped Walnuts
Order Ingredients Online
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine Egg, Buttermilk, Rolled Oats, Vanilla, Melted Coconut Oil, Sugar, and Applesauce in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Salt, Chopped Walnuts and mix.
- In the dry mix bowl, make a well with the back of a spoon and pour in the wet mix bowl. Stir just until all large lumps are gone; being careful not to over stir.
- Pour evenly into 12 count lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 375° for 16 - 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of muffins come out clean.
- Let sit in tray until cool enough to handle and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
If you don't have buttermilk, you can make your own with these substitutions.
1/2 cup buttermilk = 1/2 Tablespoon white vinegar + enough milk to measure 1/2 cup
1/2 cup buttermilk = 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice + enough milk to measure 1/2 cup
1/2 cup buttermilk = 1/2 cup plain yogurt