|Watermelon Summer Salad Recipe|
A light and fresh summer salad with watermelon, sweet corn, cauliflower and avocado.
- Fresh Express Baby Spinach, stems removed
- 1 ear of Sweet Corn, shucked
- 1/2 head Cauliflower, cut into very small florets
- 1 Avocado, pitted, peeled and diced small
- 1 cup Watermelon, diced in small, uniform pieces
- 4 large Sea Scallops
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Order Ingredients Online
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- When boiling, add the corn and cauliflower. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, until the starchiness is out of the corn.
- When the corn and cauliflower are done cooking, transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain off water and ice, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss spinach, corn, cauliflower, avocado and watermelon with the dressing until well coated.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Coat a large, heavy sauté pan with extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Cook scallops in pan until they are golden brown on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Turn and brown on the other side, about 2 minutes. When finished cooking, serve on top of the salad or on the side.