|Steakhouse Burger with Onion Straws|
Steakhouse Burger with Onion Straws
Summer is here, fire up the grill for the ultimate steakhouse burger! This burger is stacked high with flavor and toppings – onion straws, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and a special steakhouse mayo.
Ingredients for Burgers:
1 lb Bacon
Instructions for Burgers:
Grill burgers on the grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160ºF).
Add cheese slices to burgers 1 minute before cooking is completed.
Grill pickle slices 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear.
Butter the open-side of the buns and toast on the grill, about 30 seconds.
Ingredients for Onion Straws:
Instructions for Onion Straws:
- Pour butter milk or milk with white vinegar in dish.
- Slice onion thin and place in milk, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil to 375°.
- Toss onions in flour mixture until fully coated.
- Place onions into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Ingredients for Steakhouse Mayo:
2 cups Mayonnaise
1/2 cup A-1 Steak Sauce
3/4 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Instructions for Steakhouse Mayo:
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.