|Sockeye Salmon Poke Bowls|
Sockeye Salmon Poke Bowls
For any raw or semi-raw preparations like Sockeye Salmon Poke Bowls, we recommend using properly frozen seafood including Bristol Bay Sockeye Salmon, frozen.
- 1 lb Bristol Bay Sockeye Salmon, skin and pin bones removed, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 3 TBSP Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 cup Sushi Rice, steamed and cooled
- 1/4 cup Cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 Tbsp Nori (roasted seaweed), finely chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- Sriracha sauce
- Sprouts (optional garnish)
- Lime (optional garnish)
- Carrots (optional garnish)
- Snap Peas (optional garnish)
To make the Salmon Poke:
- Add the cubed salmon to a medium-sized bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, ginger, green onions, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes, stirring to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the salmon and fold gently to evenly coat.
- Cover and chill poke for 15 minutes.
To assemble bowls:
- Scoop a portion of rice into a serving bowl.
- Top with poke, cucumbers, nori, and avocado.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve promptly with Sriracha sauce on the side and more sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish, as desired.
- Optional garnish: sprouts, limes, carrots, and snap peas.