|Sloppy Joe Jalopy Sandwiches|
Sloppy Joe Jalopy SandwichesSloppy Joe sandwiches become a jalopy when Manwich meat mixture is placed on split mini rolls and decorated with frank pieces and vegetables to look like a car! Kids will enjoy decorating their jalopy with vegetables.
- 1 lb Ground Round Beef (85% lean)
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 4 Bratwurst Rolls, split lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp Parkay® Original Spread, melted
- 5 Hebrew National® Beef Franks, heated (from 12-oz pkg)
- 32 unpeeled English Cucumber slices, about 1/4-inch thick
- Cherry Tomatoes and other Vegetables for decorating, optional
- Wooden Toothpicks
- Preheat broiler. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain. Add Sloppy Joe sauce; simmer until hot.
- Place roll halves on baking sheet; brush cut sides with Parkay. Toast under broiler 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut each frank into 8 pieces.
- To assemble, divide meat mixture evenly and place on roll halves. Place 32 frank pieces on top of cucumber slices and secure to sides of rolls with wooden picks to resemble car wheels. Place remaining frank pieces on meat mixture to resemble car driver. Add additional vegetables to decorate sandwiches, if desired. - KIDS CAN HELP!
- Remove wooden picks before eating.
Pickle slices may be used in place of cucumber slices.