Our quick and easy take on the traditional beloved Spanish dish is easy enough for a weeknight meal yet fancy enough for celebrate a special occasion. This saffron-infused paella is prepared with just two spices, Acme Fresh Market Saffron Rice Seasoning and Smoked Paprika, making it easy to acquire authentic flavor with limited ingredients and one skillet. Enjoy!
- 5 tsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large Shrimp, uncooked
- 1 lb Sea Scallops
- 1. 5 cups Onion, chopped (about 1/2 of a large onion)
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Acme Fresh Market Saffron Rice Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Acme Fresh Market Smoked Paprika
- 2 cups Food Club Instant Brown Rice
- 32 oz Food Club Chicken Cooking Stock or Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Capers, drained
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 large Tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped to garnish
- 2 Lemons, quartered to garnish
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook until shrimp is opaque, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat additional 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet over medium heat.
- Add sea scallops and cook until shrimp is opaque, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add 2 teaspoons olive oil to skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and carrot. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add saffron rice seasoning and smoked paprika and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken cooking stock, capers, and peas. Bring to boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes, until liquid is reduced and rice is tender.
- Add artichoke hearts and tomato, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add scallops and shrimp, cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serve with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.