|Perfect Backyard Porterhouse Steak Meal|
Perfect Backyard Porterhouse Steak MealLearn how to cook a porterhouse steak meal on a grill with this easy recipe for a Perfect Backyard Porterhouse. Potatoes and vegetables are deliciously steamed with wine in a foil pan next to the steak.
- 4 (18-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® Porterhouse Steaks
- 2 lbs. Baby New Red Potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 Fennel Bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Shallot, peeled and minced
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Red Wine
- 1/2 lb. Asparagus, thick bottoms snapped off, stalks cut in half
- 9x13-inch Aluminum Foil Pan
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes, fennel, shallot, butter, red wine, salt and pepper in foil pan. Seal tightly with aluminum foil and place on medium-high grill to steam, approximately 20 minutes.
- Add asparagus to vegetable tray; stir and continue to cook on medium heat 5 to 10 more minutes. Season porterhouse steaks with salt and pepper. Grill to medium rare or desired doneness. Remove steaks and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve steak with vegetables and sauce from pan.