|Parmesan Pasta Popcorn Shrimp Bake|
This easy-to-make recipe will quickly become a family favorite. This pasta bake is loaded with fresh spinach, Parmesan cheese and topped with crispy popcorn shrimp.
- 18 oz package SeaPak® Popcorn Shrimp
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Onions, finely diced
- 5 cups Fresh Spinach, stems removed and roughly chopped (Also try with kale!)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 3 cups 1% Milk
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- 1 lb Rotini, cooked according to package directions
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In an extra-large sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil and cook onions until translucent (5 minutes). Stir in spinach and garlic and cook until spinach has wilted.
- Add flour, stirring for one minute. Stir in milk and cheese, stirring constantly until mixture begins to boil and thicken.
- Add lemon zest. Season to taste. Fold in pasta and pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until browned and bubbly (30-40 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to rest while shrimp are baking.
- Prepare popcorn shrimp according to directions on the box. Add hot cooked popcorn shrimp to top of the baked pasta and serve.