|No Bake Granola Bars|
No Bake Granola Bars
Kids will enjoy making their own custom granola bars with our No Bake Granola Bars recipe. This recipe doesn't require an oven, making it a perfect recipe for kids and teens to make on their own. Younger children will need supervision and assistance with the microwave.
- ¾ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Quick Oats
- 1 cup Crisp Rice Cereal
- Mix-ins and Toppings of your choice (see below)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. (Kids can help!)
- In a bowl, mix together the oats and Crisp Rice Cereal. (Kids can help!)
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 30 second intervals until melted. Stir together until mixed. (Older kids & teens can help!)
- Stir in the vanilla to the peanut butter mix. (Older kids & teens can help!)
- Pour the peanut butter and honey mixture into the oat and Crisp Rice Cereal mixture. Fold over until well incorporated. (Older kids & teens can help!)
- Add 1 cup of mix-ins. We recommend 1/2 cup M&Ms and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips to the mix. (Kids can help!)
- Once mixed, press your granola mixture into the lined pan. (Kids can help!)
- Top with any extra toppings, pressing them into the granola. (Kids can help!)
- Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or until fully set.
- Slice into bar shapes and enjoy!
Mix-ins and Toppings:
This recipe is all about customizing to your flavor preference. Top your No Bake Granola Bars with any combination of these incredible granola bar ingredients:
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Chocolate Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Dried Fruit, chopped
- Butterfinger, chopped
- Toffee Bits
- Pretzel pieces
- Trail Mix
Refrigerate or freeze leftovers in sealed container or bags. If you have two children, make two batches or divide one batch in half and let each child customize their recipe to their preference.