|Make-Ahead Shrimp Packs|
Enjoy a classic shrimp boil at home or at the campground with our Make-Ahead Shrimp Packs! Prep ahead for a quick and delicious meal of shrimp, local Andouille sausage, and summer vegetables. Customize with your favorite vegetables and spice heat level. Don't have a grill? No problem, we have oven instructions too.
- 1 -2 lbs Large shrimp — peeled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
- 8-14 ounces Walnut Creek Andouille Roped Sausage, thinly sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 Zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch-thick rounds
- 1 lb Petite Red Potatoes, quartered
- 2 Ears of Corn on the Cob, husked and cut into 1-inch pieces, then halved
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1" sections
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, chopped in half
- 16 Tbsp Butter, divided and melted
- 1/2 Tbsp Acme Fresh Market Cajun Rub
- 1/2 Tbsp Acme Fresh Market Creole Seasoning
- 2 tsp Acme Fresh Market Seafood Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Seasoning Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped Fresh Parsley, optional
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Boil corn and potatoes for 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the shrimp and sausage. Add the 4 Tbsp melted butter, Cajun Rub, and Seafood Seasoning. Toss to combine.
- In another large bowl, place zucchini, potatoes, corn, bell pepper, and asparagus. Add the 4 Tbsp melted butter, Creole seasoning, pepper and seasoning salt. Toss to combine.
- Cut 6 large (about 18x12-inch) pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil and place on counter.
- Mound the shrimp and sausage mixture in the center of each foil piece, dividing it evenly between the 6.
- Mound the vegetable mixture in center of foil, dividing it evenly between the 6.
- Bring the long edges to the center, then fold them over each other to make a seam in the center. Bring up the sides. Fold in the edges to seal. Avoid wrapping too tight to allow air circulation
- To grill the packets, preheat an outdoor grill to medium high 400°. To bake, preheat the oven to 400°.
- Cook the packets on a preheated grill over medium-high heat for 8 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 6 minutes on the second side, until the shrimp is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- To bake, place foil packs on a lined large baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, flip and bake another 6 minutes.
- While packets are cooking, melt remaining 8 Tbsp butter in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Continue stirring over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until color changes from pale yellow to a golden amber.
- Carefully remove shrimp foil packets from the grill or oven. Open foil packs and drizzle with melted butter. Top with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.