|Italian Sausage Caprese Skewer|
Add more flavor and deliciousness to a Caprese salad with Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage. This quick and easy recipe has all the favorites: fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and juicy cherry tomatoes.
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Hot Italian Sausage Links, cut bias-sized pieces
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 packs of Marinated Fresh Mozzarella Balls
- 2.5 ounces Fresh Basil Leaves
- 24 Small Skewers, wooden or other decorative picks
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Glaze or Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Cook sausage according to package directions for grill or in a skillet.
- Assemble each skewer alternating the tomato, basil, mozzarella and sausage.
- Arrange skewers on a platter; drizzle with olive oil and balsamic syrup.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground black pepper.