|Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders|
Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders
Classic southern chicken tenders are always better when made at home. This recipe is a great use of everyday ingredients and is so simple to make that kids can help.
- 14 Sanderson Farms® Chicken Tenders, cut in half diagonally
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Seasoning Salt
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 Tbsp Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 cups Vegetable Oil
- Mix the buttermilk and 1 teaspoon seasoning salt in a bowl.
- Place chicken and buttermilk in a sealable plastic bag and toss tenders to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, remaining seasoning salt, and black pepper.
- In a 12” x 2” deep skillet, heat vegetable oil to 350°F.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- Fry chicken tenders in three batches for 2 minutes on each side. The tenders should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp White Distilled Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (if desired)
- Mix together with a whisk.
- Store leftovers in sealed container in the refrigerator.