|Classic Beef Stew Recipe|
Classic Beef Stew
This Classic Beef Stew recipe with potatoes and carrots is the ultimate comfort food family meal. Follow this step-by-step recipe for cooking old-fashioned beef stew with deep flavor preapred with Certifie d Angus Beef English Roast.
- 3 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® English Chuck Roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Coarse Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 2 large Onions, diced
- 3 large Carrots, diagonally cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups Red Wine
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 3 pounds Yukon Potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Flat-leaf Italian Parsley, minced
- Remove top rack from oven and preheat to 325°F.
- Season chuck roast cubes with salt and pepper. Put half of oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Just as the oil begins to smoke, add half of beef cubes evenly spaced. Brown on most sides and transfer to a plate. Add remaining oil, sear remaining beef cubes; remove from pan.
- Add onions, carrot, garlic and tomato paste. Stir over medium-high heat, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan, 2-3 minutes. Add flour and stir to combine. Add red wine, scraping bottom of pan, then reduce heat to medium low, simmer until syrupy, about 5 minutes. Stir in beef, beef stock, bay leaves and thyme. Return to a boil, again scraping sides and bottom clean; put lid on Dutch oven and place in the oven. Cook for 2 hours.
- Add potatoes and rosemary and continue to cook, covered, until potatoes are tender, approximately 1 hour. If needed, add additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve Classic Beef Stew, garnished with fresh parsley.