|Chicken, Squash, & Lemon Mascarpone Salad|
Roasted squash is a great addition to any salad. A drizzle of this rich, yummy dressing lifts an already great salad to a whole new level of deliciousness!
- 1 bag Fresh Express Italian Lettuce
- 4 Chicken Breasts, halved
- Coarse Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons, cut in half
- 4 Garlic Cloves, smashed
- 1 cup Zucchini Squash, cut into 1/2 inch coins
- 1 cup Yellow Squash, cut into 1/2 inch coins
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 cup Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, minced
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Juice and zest of 2 Lemons
- ½ tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/4 cup Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.'
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet with two tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Brown chicken until golden brown, about three minutes on each side.
- Add the lemons, garlic, summer squash and bell peppers.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add the Mascarpone cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Add half the parsley and toss with salad.