|Chicken Pot Pie Sandwich|
Chicken Pot Pie SandwichEnjoy your favorite comfort food transformed into a better-for-you sandwich! This hearty sandwich is perfect for work or back-to-school lunches.
- 2 cups Fresh Express 50/50 Mix
- 1 Tbsp Low-fat Butter Spread
- 1 small Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Thyme, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 cup Lowfat Milk
- 2 cups Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 3 Tbsp Low-fat Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1 stalk of Celery, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Frozen Peas, blanched and shocked
- 8 pieces of Low-fat Whole Wheat Bread
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, and continue to cook until the onions are softened, about 3 to 5 minutes more. Add the wine, increase the heat to medium-high, bring the wine to a boil, and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the milk and mix in the chicken and peas.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl, and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Later, stir in the mayonnaise, parsley and celery. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken mixture amount 4 pieces of bread. On remaining bread, spread on 1/4 tsp mayonnaise. Then, on the mayonnaise, place the spinach.
- Top with remaining bread and grill on a panini press until both sides are golden brown.