|Mother's Day DIY Clay Art|
Get ready to unleash the creativity of your children as they make hand-made gifts for Mom and Grandma for Mother's Day. This easy clay recipe using just two items that you probably already have in your kitchen - baking soda and corn starch! It takes an adult to prepare the clay but after that, your child will enjoy kneading, rolling out, and using cookie cutters to create their clay art. Once dried, children can paint the clay and then use our easy glue "mod podge" to set it.
- Add baking soda and corn starch to a medium sauce pan.
- Stir in the warm water and stir over medium heat.
- As bubbles start forming, continue stirring.
- When it looks like play dough (about 5 minutes), remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Once the clay dough is cooked, knead the dough until soft. (Kids can help!)
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin. The thicker the clay, the longer it takes to dry so keep that in mind.
- Cut shapes out with cookie cutters.
- Allow to air dry for at least 24 hours.
- Once dried, paint and decorate.
- Apply homemade mod podge
Homemade Mod Podge
This homemade mod podge will seal the clay art.
- 1 cup of Glue
- 1/3 cup of Water
- Stir together glue and water until fully combined. You can also add glitter.
- Use a paint brush to brush on the homemade mod podge on both sides of the clay art.
- Allow to air dry for 24 hours.