|Acrostic Poem Challenge|
Kids and teens are encouraged to enter our Acrostic Poem Challenge! See contest rules below.
An acrostic poem is one in which a certain feature from every line combines to spell out a message. Your Acrostic Poem can be based on your name, favorite animal, pet, or any object. This poetry form uses the letters in a word to begin each line of the poem. All lines of the poem relate to or describe the main topic word.
How to Write an Acrostic Poem
- Decide on the subject of your acrostic poem. This could be anything; your name, your favorite person, an animal, or an inanimate object.
- Write down the letters of the name of the subject in a vertical line.
- Decide on a tone of the poem. Will it be serious? Funny? Rhyme?
- Work on a word, sentence or phrase for each letter of the subject's name. For each line, think about which quality of the subject you would like to describe.
- Get creative! Make the letters from the name stand out by coloring it, making it bold, or a different font if done digitally.
- Consider drawing a picture to reflect the name of the subject around the poem.
Examples of Acrostic Poems
S is for Sincere
O is for Outstanding
P is for Peachy
H is for Happy and Helpful
I is for Intelligent
A is for Artistic
S is for Sharp, always observant
O is for Optimistic, nothing keeps you down
P is for Phenomenal, an amazing person
H is for Honest, your words are truth
I is for Independent, never swayed by others
A is for Amazing, people are never bored around you
N is for Nice
O is for Outstanding
A is for Athletic
H is for Humble
N is for Nutty, full of wackiness
O is for Open-minded, willing to listen
A is for Athletic, blessed with skill in sports
H is for Hopeful, nothing keeps you down
Acrostic Poem Challenge Contest Rules
Kids and teens are invited to participate in our Acrostic Poem Challenge Contest starting on May 12, 2020 on our Facebook page.
Upload your Acrostic Poem to our Facebook post as a comment. Invite friends and
family to VOTE on your poem by liking it. The entry with the most votes
wins a $25 Acme Cash Prize!
Enter between May 12, 2020 – May 19, 2020 11:59pm. Entry with the most votes will be announced by May 22, 2020. In event of a tie, winner will be randomly selected. No purchase necessary.