Feeding the Families of Our Community for Over 125 Years!
View our contests rules.
“Guess the Weight of the Giant Pumpkin” Official Contest Rules
The Contest is subject to these Official Rules except as expressly stated otherwise. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. The Contest is sponsored by Acme Fresh Market, P.O. Box 1910, Akron, OH 44309 (the “Sponsor”)
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of Ohio who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the Contest start date. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Contest Period: Contest begins on September 28, 2019 and ends on September 29, 2018. Entries for the Drawing must be received by October 5, 2019; the Contest end date according to Sponsor’s time.
3. How to Enter the Contest: Visit any Acme Fresh Market, complete the entry form, and submit the completed form into the designated ballot box. No purchase is necessary to participate or win.
Limit of (1) entry per person. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Entries and for any problems Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify an Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules.
4. Odds: Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. For example, if 1,000 entries are received then each entry has a 1 in 1,000 chance of winning.
5. Prize: One winner per store will be awarded the Giant Pumpkin.
No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrant cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. Selected Entrant is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrant’s own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. Purchases of alcohol, tobacco and prescription drugs are excluded when Acme Fresh Market gift cards are provided as prizes. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and an alternate Selected Entrant may be selected. Sponsor will not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrants.
6. Winner Selection and Notification of Selected Entrant: On or about October 9, 2019 (“Drawing Date”), the Entrant with the correct or closest weight of the pumpkin will win the pumpkin. If more than one person guesses the correct weight – all correct entries will be put in a basket and one entry will be randomly drawn. By participating, Entrants agree to abide by these official rules and the decision of Sponsor which is final and binding in all respects.
The Selected Entrants will be notified by phone or email in Sponsor’s discretion. All Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within three (3) days of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Each Selected Entrant may also be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, each selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release before receiving the Prize. An alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached, (ii) fails or refuses to sign the Release, or (iii) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason. Selected Entrants will arrange with Sponsor for a store location to pick up the Prize or, in the Sponsor’s discretion, provide a mailing address.
Prizes shall only be mailed in the United States, and only if the Sponsor agrees to the mailing.
7. Publicity: By participating in the Contest, any Entrant in the Contest, irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use the Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Contest or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
8. General Conditions: By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Contest may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten, harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum, number of qualified entries. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant. Entrants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTERT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINIAL PROSECUTION.
9. Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the same Contest during the Contest Period. Selected Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releases”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (vi) participation in any Contest– related activity or participation in this Contest. The Releases shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest, or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associates with the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releases are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical. Technical or key-stroked errors or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is not terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. Disputes: Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to conduct a search will be deemed to be the entrant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitles to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any disputes will be governed by the Acme Fresh Market Arbitration Panel.
Top Shopper! Contest Rules
Starting October 10, 2019 and ending October 23, 2019 (the “Contest Period”), enter to win prizes and entries into the grand prize drawing by purchasing participating Acme Fresh Market private label items.
Purchase private label items to earn points.
Regular Private Label Items (50 points each)
Earn 50 points for each private label item purchased with your Acme Fresh Market Savings Card. Private label items include all items from the following brands: Acme Fresh Market, Food Club, TopCare, Wide Awake, Simply Done, @Ease, That’s Smart!, Paws, Crav’n Flavor, Over the Top, Cape Covelle, Buckley Farms, or Sweet P’s.
Acme Fresh Market $100 Gift Cards
Earn 250 points for each $100 Acme Fresh Market gift card purchased with your Acme Fresh Market Savings Card.
All points are cumulative.
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final, binding and conclusive on all matters
The top point earner will be awarded $1,000 in Acme Fresh Market gift cards, plus 4 total entries into the Grand Prize Drawing.
The person earning the 2nd most points will be awarded $500 in Acme Fresh Market gift cards, plus 3 total entries into the Grand Prize Drawing.
The top 500 point earners will receive one entry into a random drawing for the Grand Prize (the Grand Prize Drawing). The Grand Prize is $3,000 in Acme Fresh Market gift cards.
In the event of a tie on points, the tie will be broken using total spend on Acme Fresh Market private label items during the Contest Period.
No prize substitutes or transfers allowed by the winning participant. Acme Fresh Market may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, in Acme Fresh Market’s exclusive discretion.
All taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
The Grand Prize Drawing:
The Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from the top 500 point earners, according to the official purchases database collected during the Contest Period. The top 3 point earners will be awarded additional entries, as stated above in the Prizes section.
Odds of winning are 1 in 506.
The Top Shopper Contest is open to legal residents of Ohio who are 18 years of age or older, except corporate office associates and family members of corporate office associates. Store associates are eligible to participate and win.
To participate, a customer must create an acmestores.com account and have an active, valid Acme Fresh Market Savings Card. Customers will earn points whether or not they have an acmestores.com account, but those points will only become valid when they create an acmestores.com account.
Purchases made using an Acme Fresh Market Savings Card must be made by the individuals residing at the address listed on the official Acme Fresh Market savings card database. Do not share your Acme Fresh Market Savings Card with others during the Contest Period or attempt to aggregate purchases and points.
Purchases made using an Acme Fresh Market Savings Card for an address at which the individual making the purchase does not reside will result in the disqualification of that Acme Fresh Market Savings Card from the contest. Associates that improperly use an Acme Fresh Market Savings Card during the Contest Period are subject to discipline, up to and including discharge. All decisions and resulting disqualifications will be determined in Acme Fresh Market’s exclusive discretion and cannot be contested.
No Purchase Necessary:
NO purchase is necessary to participate or win. To participate by mail, send an envelope containing a standard letter size paper with the printed name of the private label item you would like to be counted for, along with your name, address, zip code, phone number and email address. Only one entry per envelope will be recorded. Each mailed entry will be counted as 50 points. Mail to Acme Fresh Market Stores / Top Shopper Contest / P.O. Box 1910 Akron, Ohio 44309. Must be postmarked on or before October 23, 2019 in order to be eligible for the contest.
Entry constitutes winners’ permission to use their name, photograph, and/or voice recordings for advertising or publicity purposes, in all media, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
All contest decisions made by Acme Fresh Market are final.
These official registration rules will be available on-line at www.acmestores.com.