|Barbacoa Pork Sandwiches Recipe|
Barbacoa Pork Sandwiches Recipe
Score big with these Game Day Barbacoa Pork Sandwiches for the big game. Cooked low and slow in a crockpot, the pork is melt-in-your-mouth tender and juicy. The Southwest Chipotle spices and chilies complete the Barbacoa traditional recipe with a layer of smoky flavor that can’t be matched. Pile the barbacoa pork high on a 7 Grain Kiaser Roll for the ultimate game day sandwich or serve a hungry crowd with sliders.
Don’t forget the toppings! For a traditional Barbacoa Pork Sandwich, add Kraut, pickles, cilantro and cilantro lime mayonnaise. If you like the heat, top with sliced jalapenos and Gnar Gnar kraut.
As part of our Delicious Savings, the main ingredient is on sale this week at Acme Fresh Market (January 30 – February 5, 2020).
- 3-5 pounds Acme Fresh Market Premium Pork Shoulder Blade Roast - On Sale
- 2-3 Tbsp Acme Fresh Market Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Food Club Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp Adobe pepper with the sauce
- 1 Lime (1-2 TBSP Lime Juice)
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- Acme Fresh Market Bakery 7 Grain Kaiser Rolls, Brioche Rolls, or slider rolls
- 1 Jalapenos, chopped
- Food Club Bread & Butter Pickles
- Your favorite sauerkraut - We used Cleveland Kraut Gnar Gnar and ClassiCaraway
Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise:
- Food Club Real Mayonnaise
- 1 Lime or 1-2 TBSP Lime Juice
- Combine diced onion, minced garlic, tomato paste, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 1 Tbsp Acme Fresh Market Southwest chipotle seasoning, and 1 cup water in crockpot.
- Add Acme Fresh Market Premium Pork Shoulder Blade Roast on top of mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1-2 Tbsp Acme Fresh Market Southwest chipotle seasoning on roast and pat down.
- Cook on low setting for 7-9 hours, or until fork-tender and 145° F internal temperature.
- Once fork-tender, remove pork and transfer to cutting board. Shred pork with two forks.
- Return shredded pork to crockpot and mix together and heat for another 30 minutes.
- Pile pork high on a bun and top with your favorite toppings.
Barbacoa is traditionally a very slow cooked meat (pork, beef, lamb) making it the perfect crock pot recipe. Prep time is about 10 minutes, then let it cook all day. If you are crunched for time, this recipe can be cooked on high heat in the crockpot for 3-4 hours for a 3-4 lb. roast. It should shred easily with a fork and have an internal temperature of 145°.
Stack shredded barbacoa pork high on a 7 Grain Kaiser, Brioche Roll or other sturdy bun. Feed a crowd with slider rolls.
Add pickles to the bun, pile on the pork, top with fresh sliced jalapenos, pickles, cilantro, and cilantro lime mayonnaise. To prepare Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise, whisk together ½ cup Food Club Real Mayonnaise, ¼ cup minced cilantro, 2 tsp lime juice, and 2 minced garlic cloves. Refrigerate.
For a party, consider offering a DIY toppings bar.