|Certified Angus Beef Easy Pot Roast Recipe|
Certified Angus Beef Easy Pot Roast
This Easy Pot Roast is made with the best Angus beef on the market, Certified Angus Beef brand, available at Acme Fresh Market. Only 3 in 10 Angus cattle meet the brand's high standards so you know you are getting the best quality beef.
This Easy Pot Roast recipe starts in a pot on the stove and is slow-cooked until tender and juicy. This recipe is easy to prepare and tastes delicious. As part of our Delicious Savings, the main ingredient is on sale this week at Acme Fresh Market (January 16-22, 2020).
- 3 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® English roast
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Season roast heavily with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Sear roast for a couple minutes on each side over medium-high heat, until nicely browned. Transfer roast to large plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot, stirring over medium heat until onions are soft. Stir in flour and tomato paste, followed by stock and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and scrape browned bits from bottom of pot. Add roast back to pot, cover tightly and place in oven. (Optional: transfer roast and liquid to a slow cooker, cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours until tender.)
- Cook for 3 hours, turn roast, add rosemary and cook approximately one more hour, until completely tender.
- Transfer roast to cutting board and tent with foil. Remove rosemary and, using a ladle, skim fat from liquid. Place Dutch oven on stovetop and bring contents to a boil.
- Slice pot roast against the grain or pull in bite-size pieces. Serve with reduced sauce.