Ultimate Bacon Powerbowl Recipe
Our Ultimate Bacon Powerbowl is a delicious and nutritious meal that can be enjoyed for either breakfast or brinner (breakfast for dinner). This tasty meal is packed with protein, veggies, and healthy fats to energize your day and delight your taste buds. Even better, as part of our Delicious Savings, many ingredients are on sale this week at Acme Fresh Market (January 9-15, 2020).
- 1 lb Sugardale Bacon (whole slices or crumbled) - On SALE
- 1 Butternut squash - (Whole or Pero Family Farms Candied Butternut Squash Simple Side Kit)
- 1 can Food Club Black Beans, drained and rinsed - On SALE
- 2 cups Cooked quinoa
- 4 - 10 Eggs
- 2 large Avocados, divided into quarters and sliced - On SALE
- 2-3 cups Kale, chopped (or Spinach)
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- Mexican Cheese blend or Gorgonzola Cheese
- 3 Cluster tomatoes, diced - On SALE
- 1/2 Red onion, diced (optional)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Fry bacon until crisp
- Rinse and warm black beans or serve at room temperature
- Prepare Butternut Squash according to package instructions, drain. (Alternatively, chop butternut squash, drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup, top with pecans and dried cranberries and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.)
- Prepare Quinoa according to package instructions
- Prepare eggs over easy, sunny-side-up, poached, hard-boil, or scrambled.
Assemble the Ultimate Bacon Powerbowl:
- Place 1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped kale at bottom of 4-6 bowls
- Divide black beans, quinoa, roasted butternut squash, bacon, and eggs between 4 bowls
- Top each bowl as desired with 1/2 sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes, onions, cheese, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with hot sauce
This Ultimate Bacon Powerbowl is a delicious way to get a healthy serving of vegetables for breakfast or brinner and packed with protein to power through whatever your day holds.
This tasty power bowl is easy to prepare and many items can be prepared ahead of time (butternut squash, chopping veggies) for a quick breakfast or weeknight meal.
Customize this bacon power bowl by removing or adding items your family prefers. Additional power bowl ingredients that you can add to this bowl include breakfast sausage (Bob Evans Breakfast Sausage is on SALE this week), sweet potatoes, hash browns ((Bob Evans Hash Browns on SALE this week), carrots, broccoli (on SALE this week), spinach, romaine lettuce, sour cream (Breakstone's and Daisy both on SALE this week), and salsa.
Bacon is the star of this recipe, fry until crisp. Chop half and use the remaining strips to top your Ultimate Bacon Powerbowl.
The nutrition and health benefits of butternut squash has landed its spot in our power bowl. Make it quick and easy in just 5 minutes with the Pero Family Farms Candied Butternut Squash Simple Side Kit. Alternatively, chop a whole butternut squash into cubes, drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup, top with pecans and dried cranberries and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. This is a sweet addition your family will love.
Quinoa is a power food that is loaded with fiber, minerals, antioxidants and all 9 essential amino acids. Prepare quinoa as directed on package. The Success Boil in Bag Quinoa is ready in the microwave or stove-top in just 5 minutes.
The high protein and fiber content of black beans in this recipe will keep you fueled all day long. We recommend Food Club Black Beans. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Eggs are a high quality protein source that are loaded with vitamins and minerals. Customize this power bowl recipe by serving eggs the way your family enjoys most. Fried, sunny side up, poached, hard-boiled, or scrambled. For hearty appetites, serve 2 per bowl.
Kale is loaded with nutrition including plenty of fiber, antioxidants, calcium, and Vitamin K. Even if your family isn’t familiar with it, give it a try. It is even delicious warmed up if you happen to have leftovers. Alternatively, you can serve it with spinach instead.
The healthy and beneficial fat from the avocados in our Ultimate Bacon Powerbowl will keep you feeling full and satisfied longer.
Top this power bowl with your favorite toppings including Cilantro, Mexican Cheese blend or Gorgonzola Cheese, tomatoes, red onion, and drizzle with hot sauce.
With all the ingredients in our power bowl recipe video, you’ll enjoy the ultimate power bowl experience. If you are pinched for time, select your top 5 ingredients!