Of course you know you can come to Acme Fresh Market any time and purchase top quality products at great low prices BUT did you know – you can also enjoy a fun and relaxing evening out?
We are hosting two exciting events at our Green Acme Fresh Market on Thursday, February 11! The evening starts off at 6pm with a sit-down Steak & Wine Dinner/Cooking Demo hosted by Certified Angus Beef™ Corporate Chef, Michael Ollier! Followed by a Steak & Wine Walk-About at 7:30pm.
Tickets are on sale now at our Green Acme Fresh Market (3875 Massillon Rd.) for both events! Dinner seating is limited so you’ll want to get your tickets right away! What is really great about the Dinner Tickets is they include a “goodie” bag and the Wine Walk-About! Not only that . . . but guests will have a chance to win prizes!
Join us for one or both events . . . jam packed with lots of fun, great food, and comradery!
See you there!
Jim Trout, President, and Ray Horner from WAKR Radio discuss Acme Fresh Market #1.
1 Farmland Prime Center Cut Pork Loin (2-1/2 to 3 lbs.)
Salt, pepper, caraway seeds, paprika
5 slices bacon
1 large onion, peeled and diced
1 each red and green bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups sparkling wine of choice
Cracked black pepper
Season roast and set aside. Cut bacon into small pieces and cook until crisp in large saute pan. Remove bacon pieces and add onions, peppers, and garlic. Saute until soft. Add sauerkraut, bacon pieces, sparkling wine and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Place mixture in roasting pan and top with raw, seasoned pork roast. Roast uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 2 hours or until internal temperature of pork reaches 150 degrees.
Certified Angus Beef Brand’s Chef Michael recently visited WNIR 100.1 to chat about roasts. We recorded what he had to share so you can listen while preparing a juicy Garlic & Rosemary Strip Roast or Rosemary Rib Roast for your family this holiday season.
Garlic & Rosemary Strip Roast
- 1 (4 pound) Certified Angus Beef ® strip roast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cloves garlic, split in half lengthwise
- 8 fresh rosemary sprigs, cut about 1 1/2-inches in length
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Additional kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mix minced garlic, dried rosemary and 1 teaspoon salt in small mixing bowl. Cut approximately 20 slits evenly spaced around roast, about 1-inch deep using a paring knife. Rub mixture evenly all over roast and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 500ºF. Remove roast from refrigerator and wipe clean with a paper towel. Rub roast with olive oil and season all sides with additional salt and pepper to taste. Place fat side up, in roasting pan fitted with rack.
- Place roast in oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 300ºF. Insert halved garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs evenly into pre-made slits. Place roast back in oven and continue cooking about 45-60 minutes depending on desired doneness.
- Remove roast from oven, place on cutting board and loosely tent with foil. Allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing roast across the grain.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 377 Calories; 18g Fat; 6g Saturated Fat; 132mg Cholesterol; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 49g Protein; 380mg Sodium; 24% daily value Iron (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Rosemary Rib Roast
- 5 pound Certified Angus Beef ® rib roast
- Balsamic vinegar for brushing
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush entire surface of roast with balsamic vinegar.
- Combine garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and olive oil to make an herb paste. Coat top, ends and sides of roast with paste.
- Place beef in oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350ºF and continue roasting for approximately 2 hours for medium (when thermometer registers 150°F), more or less for desired doneness.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; loosely tent with foil and let stand 15 to 20 minutes. Slice across the grain.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 597 Calories; 34g Fat; 13g Saturated Fat; 189mg Cholesterol; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 80g Protein; 2,294mg Sodium; 35% daily value Iron (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Recipes provided by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand.
Download the FREE Roast Perfect App by Certified Angus Beef ® brand.
Down the Mobile App and Enter for a Chance to Win a $100 Acme Fresh Market Gift Card before May 28, 2016!