What: UA Homecoming Football Game: Your Akron Zips vs Ohio University
When: Saturday, October 3 @ 2:00 p.m.
Where: Infocision Stadium
Tickets are just $15 – and $5 from every ticket purchased at Acme Fresh Market will be donated to scholarships for Veterans attending the University of Akron! What could be better than an afternoon cheering on the Zips AND supporting a great cause!
Plus, it is the Homecoming Game, so there are tons of special family friendly activities – like bouncy houses and giveaways!
Tickets are only $15.00 each and available at all Acme Fresh Market locations through game day – October 3! Remember – 1/3 or $5.00 of that ticket price is helping a Veteran receive a scholarship to further his or her education. What a great way to thank Veterans for their service!
Visit your local Acme Fresh Market today through September 24 and donate to our Food Drive benefiting Good Neighbors – Local Food Pantry.
What is Good Neighbors?
Good Neighbors is a Local Food Pantry helping thousands of our neighbors in need; operating 7 food pantries in Cuyahoga Falls, Green, Tallmadge, Ellet, Goodyear Heights, Superior and Spicer! Run by Volunteers, so your donations go straight to helping those in need.
How do I donate?
When checking out – you’ll see coupons for $1 – $5 – $10 at the register. Just take one down and hand it to the cashier. The value of the coupon will be added to your grocery total.
Acme Fresh Market has been Feeding the Families of our Community for over 120 Years . . . a responsibility that we believe means more than selling groceries. So join us today in the fight against hunger!
Thank you to our customers for helping Acme Fresh Market Pack the Pantry!
Acme Fresh Market has issued a voluntary recall for Kale Chicken Caesar Salad purchased before September 1, 2015.
The Kale Chicken Caesar Salad contains eggs, a known allergen inadvertently left off of the label. Customers with egg sensitivities should not consume this product.
Kale Chicken Caesar Salad is available in all Acme Fresh Market delis, and is sold either in clear plastic tub containers or by order from behind the deli counter.
The label has been corrected to include eggs as an ingredient.
Customers who purchased the Kale Chicken Caesar Salad before September 1, 2015 may return it for a full refund at any Acme Fresh Market location, with proof of purchase in the form of a receipt or labeled container (full or empty).
If you have any questions, please call 330-733-2263 x 55299 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. EST.
It’s amazing how time flies – it’s already time for this year’s Acme Fresh Market’s Community Cash Back program to begin!
If you have participated in this program in the past – then you already know how awesome it is!
If you don’t know what the Acme Fresh Market Community Cash Back program is then read on . . .
Registered Non-Profit Organizations who purchase store brand products from August 20, 2015 through January 6, 2016 will receive 5% CASH BACK from those purchases to use towards whatever best benefits their group’s needs.
How does your Non-Profit Organization become an Acme Fresh Market Community Cash Back Member?
- Designate a program coordinator!
- Register online at www.acmestores.com/community-cash-back beginning August 1, 2015!
- Save your receipts dated August 20, 2015 through January 6, 2016! Spread the word and encourage friends, family, and co-workers to save receipts for your organization!
- Complete the online rebate form to receive your check for 5% Cash Back!
For program details or questions, call 1-877-299-CASH (2274)!
Photo Courtesy of Akron Beacon Journal
By Betty Lin-Fisher
Beacon Journal business writer
The Acme Fresh Market on Manchester Road has undergone a $1.2 million update and renovation.
“This is a key location for Acme,” said Acme President Jim Trout.
The store got some refreshed looks, borrowing from the decor at the new Green store and Montrose store, he said.
Some updates to the store include a new front facade, wider parking aisles outside, an updated tiled entry foyer and bringing the bakery to the front of the store.
The cash registers were also brought to the front of the store, with an addition of self checkout lanes, Trout said.
The front of the store also has an expanded prepared foods area and deli and produce area. READ MORE
When Acme Fresh Market says Local, we mean REALLY local!
Hartville, Suffield, Marietta, Lodi – we work with local farmers in our community to make sure our customers have the FRESHEST veggies!
Three things to know about Acme Fresh Market’s REALLY Local Veggies!
- Fresher! Acme Fresh Market REALLY Local Veggies are picked when we order them – fresh from the field to our stores, with almost no transportation time!
- More Variety! Acme Fresh Market sells over 30 different REALLY Local Veggies!
- Local Lasts Longer! Waste less and eat more!
Acme Fresh Market – where Fresh is our middle name!
See you in the stores!
Chimichurri is a classic steakhouse accompaniment. With more vinegar than a vinaigrette, it marries perfectly with a nicely charred steak. This recipe is generous: half is used as a marinade, and half as a sauce after the steak cooks. Have a more tender steak on hand like a strip, ribeye or filet, or don’t have time to wait for an overnight marinade? Then get the grill rocking and just use the chimichurri as a flavorful finishing sauce.
- 1 (1 1/2-2 pound) Certified Angus Beef ® top sirloin or flank steak
- 1/2 cup (1-ounce) chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup (1-ounce) chopped cilantro
- 1/2 onion (4-ounces), finely diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic (3/4-ounce), minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a food processor or blender combine parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic, oregano, red pepper and salt by pulsing to a finely chopped consistency.
- Add vinegar and agave nectar. With processor running, add oil in a slow stream until well combined. Set aside half of sauce in an air-tight container and refrigerate. Put steak in a casserole pan, coat evenly with remaining chimichurri, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator at least four hours, or overnight for deeper flavor and tenderness.
- Preheat grill. Remove steak from chimichurri marinade and wipe clean, discarding marinade. Grill steaks to desired doneness over medium high heat. Allow to rest 5 minutes and serve, topping with reserved chimichurri sauce.
Yields approximately 2 cups sauce
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef® brand
Get all your picnic and party favorites at Acme Fresh Market!
Click images to enlarge
Thanks to popular cooking shows and websites such as Pinterest, graduation cakes have taken on a whole new look.
The sweet treats are no longer just a flat sheet cake. The detail is astounding, with tributes to days on the football field or varsity jackets.
“We have seen (designs that) cross all cake categories in the past five years,” said Katherine A. Swartz of Akron, director of marketing at Acme Fresh Market. “People have really been getting into more designer cakes and requesting fondant on non-wedding cakes. Graduation cakes are following the trend.”
She said she thinks social media sites such as Pinterest have driven the new trend in graduation cakes.
“They are definitely more elaborate,” said Sheila Henderson, senior cake decorator for The Little Cake Shop located in the Acme store on Manchester Road in Akron by Portage Lakes. All Acme cakes are baked at that location then delivered to area stores, including those in Stark County…
READ ENTIRE ARTICLE
BY DENISE SAUTTERS
Are you road tripping this Memorial Day weekend?
You can’t get there on an empty tank . . . Redeem your FREE Fuel Rewards at your nearest Circle K!
Don’t have an Acme Fuel Rewards Card? Sign up today at your local Acme Fresh Market and start earning your FREE fuel!
Earn FREE fuel on over 3,000 Fuel Reward products every week. Plus, you can earn extra fuel by shopping the Department of the week! AND during select times of the year, you can really stock up on FREE fuel when you buy Acme Fresh Market Gift Cards!
What are some of the other advantages of our fuel program?
- Your card will NEVER expire! When you earn fuel at least once a year.
- It’s like Cash in your pocket . . . the amount on your card is what you have to spend!Have more on your card than you need? Don’t worry, it will still be there later for you to use when you’re ready. . . your rewards are never lost!
- Redeem your rewards at over 90 participating Circle K Stations and the Acme Fresh Market Fuel Center located at 3235 Manchester Rd. in Portage Lakes!
Have a great Memorial Weekend and safe travels!